Proper packing of items – We properly pack your items to ensure its safety during transportation. We offer each of our clients full and partial packing services for your home or office. Packing services will handle all the organizing, wrapping, and packing of boxes, from your grandmother’s china to your kid’s toys. You can even outsource buying moving supplies to them to make your move even more stress-free.
Packaging the goods yourself
If you have any questions, please contact our consultants. VSNY Van Line practices an individual approach with each account and offers a wide range of services. The purpose of the packaging of the goods – the protection against damages.
Proper packing of items – We properly pack your items to ensure its safety during transportation. We offer each of our clients full and partial packing services for your home or office.
Types of packaging, the most commonly used in long distance moves
- Cardboard packaging (or in cardboard boxes) – a way to transport medium sized loads. Goods may be placed on a tray lined with sheets of cardboard and on all sides, or stowed in a box. Carton / box packaging tape recorded. Cardboard protects the cargo from damage and from the effects of excess moisture. Aside from the convenience of storage and transport box made of durable cardboard will provide increased safety of the cargo. The carton is convenient to fold the cargo, consisting of small pieces. The box is sealed at the sender and in a form issued to the recipient. Materials used: cardboard box, tape. For additional cargo safety are allowed stretch- or air bubble film.
- Packaging using strapping tape – increases the stiffness of cardboard boxes. Turn over durable polypropylene tape, this box is not revealed during transport.
- Packaging with stretch film. Universal packing material. It withstands heavy loads and protects the cargo, including the contamination. Suitable for long-term storage and transport. The elastic film is able to significantly expand and provide secure fixation of goods. It is recommended for extra protection of goods with packaging fragile, protruding sharp edges and corners. Materials used: stretch film, adhesive tape. If necessary, allowed to use cardboard, bubble wrap.
- Packaging with air bubble wrap. Indispensable packaging material to protect the cargo from any dynamic effects (shock, chips, scratches, etc.). The film has excellent shock-absorbing properties, is used for extra storage of fragile and expensive one-off items, as well as to protect the cargo surfaces. Materials used: Bubble wrap, adhesive tape. If necessary, allowed to use cardboard, stretch film.
For local or long distance transportation it is important that the packaging protects your items from bumps and other adverse conditions. Particular detailed attention should be paid to the packaging of fragile goods: dishes, appliances, furniture, plastic products, etc. We can handle all of your packing needs for your home or office relocation.
Packing your Goods
Always carefully wrap delicate goods in a sheet of plain newsprint. Place the paper along the bottom for added cushioning. Make certain to wrap each piece very carefully, and then wrap in bundles of three using double layers of paper. Place the bundled items in rows along the edge for best security.
Surround the bundles with a lot of crushed paper. However, be careful you don’t leave unfilled spaces. Add several inches of crushed paper along the top of each bundle for protecting rims plus making a level area for the next group. A horizontal cardboard divider is frequently utilized to keep each layer level. Small plates and saucers, along with shallow bowls, should make up the next layer. Wrap up and package the same way you did for the large items.
Stemware should always be individually wrapped using protective paper that’s inserted inside the goblet plus around each stem. The goblet will be cushioned by the wrapping and is placed within a specially designed packing item.
Packing Soft Goods
Soft goods including bedding and pillows should be packed in a line carton and separated with layers of paper.
Packing Your Shoes
Always pack your shoes in original boxes whenever possible. You’ll want to place these in a secure carton. If a shoebox isn’t available, simply individually wrap shoes to prevent any damage. Put newspaper as inserts into the shoes to prevent them from crushing, or use shoe trees as inserts .
All shirts and pants should be left on hangers and hung up in wardrobe boxes , when possible, to minimize wrinkling.
Packing Your Lamps and Shades
Packing your lampshades and lamps should be handled carefully by the wire frame only and placed within a paper line container. Surround each shade with a layer of protective paper. Usually, shades can be stored beside each other provided they are separated with paper.
VSNY Van Lines provides cartons designed to pack lamp bases securely. These types of containers are perfect for garden tools, floor lamps and golf clubs.
Packing Electronics Such As Stereos
Whenever feasible, pack electronic items in original cartons. Make certain to use secure packaging materials including newsprint, file, bubble wrap or sheeting. With this in mind, your electronics can be securely packed in a sturdy box.
- Pad the bottom of each carton with an appropriate amount of packing material.
- Wrap electronics with paper and then place in the carton.
- Securely pack some padding around the top of each unit to prevent damage.
- Firmly seal each carton.
- Label each carton as being fragile.
Additional Note: whenever unpacking electronics, allow them to reach room temperature prior to plugging them in ESPECIALLY PLASMA MONITORS. WAIT AT LEAST 24 HOURS BEFORE UNPACKING.
Lay books flat in the carton, alternating the spine and open side of the book. Place a piece of paper between books to prevent them sticking together. Because books are heavy, VSNY Van Lines has small book carton to make them easier to carry for workers . If the box you pack books in is too large, the box might rupture. Make sure to only use the smaller book boxes; not large or extra large boxes. Always lay your books flat inside each carton while alternating the open side of each book. It’s recommended to place paper between them for preventing them from sticking together.
Packing Figurines and Fragile Objects
Wrap figurines and statues using bubble wrap, then tightly wrap with some clean paper. When bubble wrap isn’t available, just use the paper to wrap each article until it is sufficiently cushioned.
Bottles should be taped shut and then wrapped with clean newspaper. For added security, place each bottle in watertight bags prior to wrapping or placing in the carton.
Packing Glass and Mirrors
Wrap each picture and mirror in generous amounts of cushioning using clean paper. Always place in a flat or telescoping container. Afterward, tape and seal each carton. Always be certain to stand mirrors, pictures and glass on their edge. Never lay them flat.
Packing Computer Equipment
Whenever possible, pack your computer equipment in original boxes. As long as the proper packing material is used, including bubble wrap, blankets, sheets and foam, your computer can be securely packed in a sturdy box container.
- Begin by padding the bottom of each container with an adequate amount of packing material.
- Wrap all computer parts with paper sufficiently and place in the carton.
- Securely use padding on top and around each unit for preventing damage.
- Firmly seal up each carton.
- Label the carton accordingly as fragile.
Be aware of any special considerations regarding the internal parts of your computer. Additionally, discuss the safe transport of your computer system with VSNY Van Lines.
How it Works
At VSNY Van Lines Moving Company we move you forward into your new home or office. We understand that a move is not just a transition for your furniture but also your life. We want to make sure that you get the comfortable feeling of money well spent as well as us making good on our promise of great customer service. Any move within a city or within 100 miles of your current location is considered a local move. With that said even a move into an apartment upstairs requires expertise and professionalism. VSNY Van Lines Moving Company offers a wide range of local moving services, including full-packing and setup services. We also offer custom crating for delicate items like fine art, antiques, marble and glass. No matter what your moving needs are, VSNY Van Lines Moving Company can provide an unparalleled level of customer service and know how for your local move.
What we do:
By choosing the carrier in favor of vsnyvanlines, you can no longer worry about your belongings, because it will be in good hands. Our company provides a full range of services on the organization of transportation. Safe and short transport time. Individual approach plus flexible tariffs. Make your move now.
Fast and Prompt Service
We live in a fast paced “I want it now” society so we understand the need for immediate service. We work hard to make sure we can accommodate your requests as quick as possible by having the right staff and flexible scheduling.
Work done Right the first time
We see no other alternative. This is the main reason our moving staff are also qualified computer service people. This helps us to ensure we avoid problems in the first case.
If you have a lot of interior items and it is difficult to list all of them, you can talk with the manager. This is in place to assess what furniture requires assembly and disassembly as necessary, as well packing materials and cartons for the mo
Call us +1(718)717-9571
and we will help carry the furniture and things cheaply and accurately.
to & from Anywhere
From booking to communications to payment, Express Delivery helps you transport freight faster, cheaper, safer, and easier so you can stay focused on your business
We are trusted by more than 50,000 clients
At VSNY Van Lines Moving Company we move you forward into your new home or office. We understand that a move is not just a transition for your furniture but also your life. We want to make sure that you get the comfortable feeling of money well spent as well as us making good on our promise of great customer service.